Thứ Năm, 30 tháng 11, 2017

Waching daily Nov 30 2017

Welcome back to The Markup as we jump into the Holiday Season,

Let's wrap up November with a few highlights of top news stories and the federal IT community.

We'll mark up the status of the MGT Act and which technologies the government should tackle next,

cyber components of the 2018 homeland security appropriations bill,

how feds can hire short-term tech talent, and the next CIO to announce his retirement.

FedScoop reports that after two years of reaching across the aisle and navigating the channels of Congress,

representative Will Hurd is on the verge of seeing his Modernizing Government Technology Act become a law.

A move that could transform government IT as we know it.

The House and Senate passed the MGT Act, and now it's heading to the Oval Office for president Trump's John Hancock!

If Trump signs the bill, what technology issues will federal policymakers tackle next?

In an interview with FedScoop, congressman Hurd hinted at artificial intelligence and quantum computing being next on the agenda.

For a deeper dive and what's to come, check out Carten Cordell's article linked below.

So speaking of bills, Nextgov reports that the Fiscal

2018 homeland security appropriations bill allocates one point eight billion dollars towards DHS's cyber operation wing.

the funding will be used to maintain and upgrade the cyber security at federal computer networks, protect critical infrastructure, and

improve Incident Response and the private sector. In other news, the topic that keeps on giving...

modernization!

The Office of Personnel Management issued a memo to the heads of the federal agencies

authorizing them to hire technical staff for up to one year to work on cloud migration and IT modernization initiatives.

According to Federal Times, the memo states these positions are needed to directly carry out provisions of the Smarter IT Delivery initiative that was started

under President Obama back in 2015.

In case you missed it, State Department CIO Francis Wiggins announced that he'll be retiring on December 8th.

We at MetroStar thank Mr. Wiggins for his service and wish him a happy retirement.

That wraps up your November Markup! Thank you to those who sent me news pieces, I really value your input.

And with that, if you have a story you'd like featured in the Markup - send it to press@metrostarsystems.com.

For more infomation >> The Markup: Nov. 30, 2017 | Federal Technology News & Government Analysis - Duration: 2:45.

-------------------------------------------

The Five 11/30/17 5PM | November 30, 2017 Breaking News HD - Duration: 34:42.

For more infomation >> The Five 11/30/17 5PM | November 30, 2017 Breaking News HD - Duration: 34:42.

-------------------------------------------

채시라 남편 김태욱 결혼 스토리 | King News - Duration: 6:37.

For more infomation >> 채시라 남편 김태욱 결혼 스토리 | King News - Duration: 6:37.

-------------------------------------------

NJTV News tests hot sauces created by Rowan University's president - Duration: 2:58.

Sophia is not a wing eater...

This is my first wing! Ever!

Good so far...This is cake.

Write that down for later.

I'm trying to figure out what the flavor is.

The flavor's good.

It's kicking in. Kind of sharp.

There's like a tiny kick to it but like nothing crazy.

Yeah, I haven't started sweating yet which is a good sign...

You're going to get there.

This is good. It's a little tangier.

This one's sneakier than the first. The burn is worse.

Are you feeling? I'm really feeling that on my tongue.

Yeah, it's getting there.

It's that like all of your saliva is kerosene

and somebody just toss the match in your mouth.

Every time I breathe in it gets worse and worse.

Here comes the heat. I'm getting it now... Yeah, for sure.

It's like growing in intensity and expanding like the perimeter of my mouth and lips

Oh...no.

That's a definite upgrade...

You can tell it's like a bad pepper. You're shaking a little bit

The heat is rising out of the top of my head

Like I feel the heat escaping my body.

The first two like kind of rolled down your tongue

This one just gets you here right in the throat.

This one is just pure sting.

I like it...

It's definitely...the tongue is on fire right now. Yeah, I can't...

I'm there with you.

Like I feel like I'm getting my lips done.

Like, I don't know what that feels like.

It's almost refreshing.

Yeah, what she said...

Got a lot going on in the nostril region...

That got me there right too...

yeah, that was not it's nice of that wing to do that

Are your eyes tearing? Not yet...

I was so nervous but I feel okay now. Bring it on!

I don't know why we do this. There's no reason...

But it's pretty good...

I would say like for my first wing experience...

this this was pretty good. I'm not sure I'll ever eat a

wing again though... It was like very bittersweet.

Honestly the more I talk

the more it hurt so that's all I have...

that's all I can say right now.

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét