Thứ Hai, 30 tháng 1, 2017

Waching daily Jan 31 2017

Hello ! So first of all I want to apology for the terrible light in this video,

it's four p.m and it's already night. That's the hard truth of winter.

[sounds of the sea and seagulls]

I had planned something entirely different for this video. I had planned a vlog

outside, in the middle of the night, with snow... But sadly all my plans were cancelled

at the last minute. In any case, that's the reason why

I'm going to talk about my January Favourites today, when January is not

completely over yet.

So first part, the movie part.

I won't lie, during the month of January I didn't watch a lot of movies.

A few days ago I went to see Moonlight by Barry Jenkins and I think it

is the only movie I watched this month.

But it's okay! It's awesome because I loved it.

So you've probably heard of it because I know that a lot of people talked about this movie

when it came out.

But basically Moonlight tells the story of a young afro-american man living in Miami.

Well, the movie starts in Miami and ends somewhere in Georgia.

We follow him during a part of his childhood, a part of his teenage years and

a part of his adulthood. What I enjoyed the most in this movie is the tenderness with which

the story is told. So the movie talks about this young afro-american man who

comes from an... underprivileged environment, well, it's not exactly the word,

but I will say underprivileged. And he goes through really difficult stuff during his life

but the story always stays soft with this character.

Also, the end is not dramatic and it's not sad. I don't want to spoil the story,

but just know that it doesn't end in a horrible way.

For a movie that talks about a black man, a black gay man,

I found it very agreeable that the story was told with such warmth

and tenderness. And I was also very happy to see Janelle Monae and Mahershala Ali

for whom I have a growing crush since I finished Luke Cage.

For the TV shows, I watched very little series this month. I missed a lot of

new episodes, I think. I disconnected a bit from this universe, actually.

However, I watched a lot of animes

and there is one in particular that I really liked and it's Arslan Senki or the Heroic Adventures of Arslan

or les Chroniques de Arslan Senki in French.

So basically this anime tells the adventures of Arslan Senki, the crown prince of the Pars kingdom.

So Pars is a very prosperous kingdom that gets invaded by an another country,

Lusitania. Arslan finds himself dispossessed of his throne and he will try to take it back with the help

of multiple others characters that he will meet on the way. So that's a really quick summary

because it's a bit more complicated than that.

And that's actually one of the aspects of Arslan Senki that I like the most.

As I said in my last video, I really like shonen animes

that mixes politic et history, and that kind of stuff.

And Arslan Senki is really some kind of Game of Thrones political conflict

where everyone tries to get the throne and where everyone fights each other.

So if you like that kind of story with knights, swords fights, castles,

kings, queens... all that blabla medieval that we usually find in fantasy,

you're probably gonna love Arslan Senki.

For the moment the anime has two seasons. A first season of 25 episodes

and a second season of only 8 episodes. The second season finishes on

a cliffhanger and the problem with this anime is that it's in advance on the manga,

so when you finish it you can't go and read the end by reading the manga.

But overall, it's two very good seasons, I was personally very satisfied.

The characters are likeable, the story is gripping, The animation is very good

and I really like the openings.

So if you're looking for something to watch and you like that genre,

I don't know what else to recommend you!

And now in my music part, I discovered a lot of new artists

this month. But I particularly enjoyed the band Coin.

This band makes a really pop, happy, dynamic

and colourful music. If you like the band Walk the Moon for example, I think you will

like Coin because it's a the same kind of music.

Their first album came out last year. It's an eponym album.

In the album I really like the song Fingers Crossed. I like the bridge

of this song. I also really like the song I Would.

Even if Talk Too Much stays my favourite song of this band.

Other music I really enjoyed during the month of January is the single Rooting for You

by the band London Grammar. London Grammar, you probably know that band,

they were very popular four years ago, I think. Their songs were played everywhere,

all the time. I was waiting this band comeback with so much impatience, you don't even know.

When I saw that they had released a single, I was ecstatic.

Well, London Grammar is not famous for the depth of its lyrics and it's clear that the lyrics

of Rooting for You are not exceptional,

nor for the complexity of its music. But there is this ambiance this style that really

belongs to this band and that I really really like and was very happy to find again.

[mumbles] I can't wait for the album to come out.

And that's it for my January Favourites. As you can see,

I didn't talk about books nor products. It's because this month

I didn't read a lot. I have started a lot of books that I haven't finished.

And I don't read a lot for my pleasure, currently. But I will try to read a bit more

and something else than university texts during the month of February.

So in the comments tell me if you've seen Moonlight and what you thought of it if

you've seen it. If you've seen Arslan Senki, what you thought of it, what do you think of

London Grammar, of the band Coin?

Tell me everything! And tell me about your January favourites,

I'm always looking for new cool things. And that's it,

it's the end of this video. Thank you so much for watching until now and

I'll see you next week. Bye!

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét