Thứ Sáu, 29 tháng 6, 2018

Waching daily Jun 29 2018

Hello everyone and welcome to this new VIP video review. Today, my name is Clifford Carwood Lipton and I will tell you my story.

Lieutenant Clifford Carwood LIPON's life

What will be told in this video is pure reality. Nothing has been invented. You receive me 5 out of 5?

EH NEO! It's my turn to interrupt you! I'm sure you don't know the meaning of the "receive 5/5"!

I can hear you well!

True or false: You can receive me 2/5!

TRUE !

You can receive me 5/1!

Euh... FALSE...

MISSED! We have two different things that are evoked with the two numbers: The first indicates the strength of the signal on a scale of 1 to 5, and the second indicates the clarity, on the same scale.

So a received transmission 5 of 1 has a high volume, but poor quality!

Like your videos...

5/5, this is the ideal level, it indicates a "loud and clear" transmission.

We started using these elements of communication during the appearance of the radios in combat, of the same kind as the international alphabet, isn't it November, Echo, Oscar?

Yes my dear Lima India November Uniform India Golf Sierra Tango India Charlie Alpha Echo! But we will not talk about it, this version appeared in 1956, the previous alphabet was slightly different!

That's why we say Easy Company for E Company, and not Echo Company as it's called now!

Indeed, it was because many countries had different alphabets that it was decided in 1956 to create an international alphabet,

which can be read easily by any language, even with poor radio transmission, so that English and Americans can understand each other for example.

Radio communications have also required a new form of communication. One of many examples: MAYDAY

Oh that I know! That's the word the Jedi use! May day force be with you!

More seriously: It was in 1923 that Frederick Mockford, a chief radio officer at Croydon Airport (London), found the phrase.

It's at the request of the authorities that he must find a signal of distress understood by all in case of real trouble. Thus Mockford chose a phonetic transcription of the French expression "m'aider" or "venez m'aider".

Most flights to Croydon came from Le Bourget. It's used in the same way as the SOS, and applied since 1 January 1929 for air and sea transport.

So if you're driving in a car, it's useless!

Do you often have a radio available by car? Call 112 for that...

Roger...

Well, you do well to talk about it. This phrase is often heard in English films. It's basically derived from the 1939 international alphabet, to signify the letter R for "Received".

If you come across a French version that says "Roger" (as the first name, pronounced in French), then you are on a crappy version. Or from Quebec, it happens too... sorry Quebec friends...

You will make me lose part of your audience...

Don't worry, they're already gone!

Copy that

I will end, suddenly, by this expression! "Copy" means "well received", just like "do you copy?" means "Do you receive me?".

This is an acknowledgment of receipt, the same type that we, French, use with the 5/5. The loop being closed, I can now leave... OVER!

yeah, it's you who stinks ovary...

Are you ready to embark to discover my story? So let's go !

I was born on January 30, 1920 in Huntington, West Virginia. I unfortunately lost my parents when I was 10 years old: my father died in a car accident, and my mother will remain paralyzed.

So I took care of my brothers and sisters, being the oldest of the siblings. I tried to study, but the realities of life brought me back to work to support my family.

It was after reading an article in the magazine "Life" that I decided to join the army to join the airborne troops when is has been created with the 101st airborne. It was August 15, 1942 in Fort Thomas, Kentucky.

I was assigned to Company E of the 2nd Battalion of the 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, based at Camp Toccoa, Georgia.

We were sent to Fort Benning to be trained in skydiving, where we made our 5 mandatory jumps to win our eagles. Then we were given complementary combat training at Camp Mackall, North Carolina.

After that, we went to England to prepare for the invasion of Europe.

Ah? Is it called "liberation"? Strange... We didn't have this goal at the time... And that's how we say it in English...

During our training, it was said that I was always concerned about the morale of my men, since I was a non-commissioned officer, pushing them to exploit their full potential.

This has been recognized by the officers of the Easy Company. My nickname was "The Man". I was a sergeant at that time.

I almost lost feathers before Normandy.

For a division with a "bird" as a mascot, it would have been pretty funny...

The other NCOs and I refused to go into battle with our company commander, Captain Herbert Sobel, while Lieutenant Winters, the leader we wanted, was shelved at the Stewardship.

Finally Sink just passed us a soap.

I'm looking for a joke on the fact that Sink and Soap go pretty well together, but I don't know what else to say...

When I jumped to Normandy, I was the "jumpmaster" of the C47 I was in. So it was me who was leading the jump, and that was to make sure that everyone jumped at the right time in the right place.

Since it was an unnamed mess, we found ourselves scattered. My plane was going too low and too fast, so I lost my weapon and some of my equipment before touching the ground.

I managed to find some friends and Lieutenant Winters, and even members of the 82nd Airborne!

I took a first shrapnel in the hours that followed, but a doctor was able to take me quickly. He repaired me and it started again like in 40! (french expression)

Finally... as in 44!

At Brécourt Manor, guns had to be destroyed. We expected 88 guns but in fact it was 105.

The most important isn't the size... It's the taste!

And there, in this case, it had a taste of blood, especially that it was German paratroopers in front... And they were 50, against a handful for us.

Having lost my weapon during the jump, I first recovered an enemy MP40 before being able to recover a USM1A1 rifle, the one with the folding stock, for which I had ammunition.

It was on this occasion that I was able to get my first bronze star, while I was riding in a tree with another sergeant, so I was able to shoot some Germans.

Three days later, I was wounded in Carentan's assault on the left cheek, right wrist and right leg at the crotch.

Fortunately, the two pieces of mortar shells that had ruined my leg had missed something important.

So I was sent back to England for 6 weeks to be treated. I was able to receive my Purple Heart medals.

After my convalescence, I was able to find the friends of the Easy Company in Aldbourne. It was also at that time that we received many new boys to replace those fallen in battle in Normandy.

I was one of the only people who considered them as real soldiers, and not as kids, as some of the company did. For our glorious participation in the landing, our regiment obtained a presidential unit citation.

Even new kids, whether olders like it or not!

Then we went back to France to jump after for Operation Market Garden.

At one point, a wounded soldier was brought to us: a German patrol had thrown a grenade into his face. So we intervened, and that's where we ended up facing two Waffen SS companies...

We managed it without too much damage, we were lucky, those on the other side had guts...

Then we participated in Operation Pegasus, where a small group of the Easy and I crossed the Rhine on boats to fetch English paratroopers who were stuck.

We were able to bring them all back, I seconded Lieutenant Heyliger during the operation.

That's when I became "first sergeant".

This thing takes a lot of place on the sleeve...

The Hitler's counter-attack of the Bulges mobilized us to join the small town of Bastogne, key point of the region. Our goal: to hold the city at any price.

Fuck what we had cold... In addition we had no winter clothes, it wasn't expected that we find ourselves there...

We were under Lieutenant Dike's orders. I don't know where he got the reputation of being a coward, because he still got two bronze stars:

one in Uden, Holland, where he held a position on a vital road near Eindhoven with his men; and another in Bastogne, where he laid cover for 3 wounded soldiers by exposing himself to enemy fire.

He led the 3rd Battalion of the 506 Regiment and screwed up: he had a moment of weakness and ordered everyone to take cover when it was necessary to charge under enemy fire.

Winters got angry and sent Lieutenant Spiers to take his place. He was injured during the assault and was treated in the back.

As I was there to support Lieutenant Spiers in taking command, it earned me the promotion to the rank of Officer, as a Second Lieutenant.

It was also a small reward because I had always been there, during the siege of Bastogne, to keep men's morale at their maximum.

This siege has also earned us, throughout the 101st Airborne Division, to receive a new presidential unit citation. So I added a small oak leaf to complete the first citation.

I received my promotion in Haguenau.

We then attacked Germany, and our goal was Berchtesgaden! We are the first to arrive on site, allowing us to discover many treasures.

But we must admit that the French were smarter than us: they lost the race in Berchtesgaden but they won the one for the eagle's nest...

The 2nd Armored Division was the first to take possession of the place, contrary to what many Americans in bad faith will say later...

I had the opportunity to have a meal in a prisoner of war camp with a man you probably know:

Herr Ferdinand Porsche, who was one of the creators of the Panther and Tigers I and II. He spoke English, a very nice man.

On May 8, 1945, here is my medals table: two presidential unit citations, the para patent with two stars, two bronze stars, 3 purple heart, the medal of good conduct, the ETO 1 arrow + 2 stars medal and the Combat Infantry Badge.

I then had a package of other decorations, but I think they interest you less! And for this war, I passed from Sergeant to Second Lieutenant.

I was promoted to lieutenant just after the end of the war. I finished the World War 2 in Europe, until the demobilization of the 101st airborne.

I stayed in the army reserve during the Korean War. Once back in the USA, I resumed my studies and I made my career in the civil.

Stephen Ambrose, the author who told our story, looked for a title to his book. And I found him, thanks to Shakespear's play "Henry V":

From this day to the ending of the world… We in it shall be remembered; We few, we happy few, we band of brothers; For he today that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother.

I died in North Carolina on December 16th, 2001 of a pulmonary fibrosis, exactly 57 years after the beginning of the battle of the Bulges.

I was just an ordinary man, but I was part of an extraordinary company. All we only answered the call of duty.

Here is what concludes this video, I hope you liked it. If so, don't hesitate to share it and subscribe to my channel, without forgetting to leave a comment.

I'll do it again this kind of videos if it interests you.

A big thank you to Romain from Linguisticae for his participation, it was a long preparation but the result should please you, don't hesitate to go see his channel!

I give you appointment soon for a new video of airsoft gun, Denix, uniform or VIP video review! Bye!

Directed by Neo035

With Monté from Linguisticae

And Oni Zuka

Thanks to Maxime for his ideas

Images from YouTube and D. Costelle's "Battle of Germany"

You know why I chose the paratroopers? For the pay? NO ! Because I already used to make me drop!

For more infomation >> Lt Carwood Lipton's life - Feat Monté from LINGUISTICAE - Duration: 11:06.

-------------------------------------------

¡Acompáñanos a descubrir los sabores de Rusia! | Un Nuevo Día | Telemundo - Duration: 3:42.

For more infomation >> ¡Acompáñanos a descubrir los sabores de Rusia! | Un Nuevo Día | Telemundo - Duration: 3:42.

-------------------------------------------

5 Síntomas de alerta de un derrame cerebral que nunca debe ignorar - Duration: 6:37.

For more infomation >> 5 Síntomas de alerta de un derrame cerebral que nunca debe ignorar - Duration: 6:37.

-------------------------------------------

De migratiedeal lost het probleem niet op - Duration: 3:03.

For more infomation >> De migratiedeal lost het probleem niet op - Duration: 3:03.

-------------------------------------------

Making Of: 'Consejo de amor' con Morat | TINI - Duration: 2:47.

Hi! We are Morat and we're here with Tini

We just filmed the music video for a very beautiful song

'Consejo de amor'

This is the behind the scenes we are shooting. We're very happy.

We had an amazing time. We hope you enjoy the song

It's a very special one for us.

Are you ready, guys?

Ready guys? Let's roll!

We're about to shoot the music video!

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét