Thứ Tư, 31 tháng 10, 2018

Waching daily Nov 1 2018

Hey guys, How are you?

I'm Vale, and I welcome you back to my channel

Valkitty's World.

Today we're going to make something different.

In my last video

I mentioned other activities that I like to do

besides the illustration,

among them doll repainting.

As its name says

it's about customizing a doll painting it again,

which is just what we'll do with this little

She's a Clawdeen Wolf from Monster High

that I rescued from the biggest bazaar in my city

So, this is the sketch I made for her.

This little witch is inspired

by Jacquelin de Leon's witches

one of my favorite illustrators.

I love the style she uses for them

so I couldn't resist making my own.

What do you think if we start?

The first step is to cut the original hair

as close to the head as possible.

This is not completely necessary,

If you want to preserve the original hair of the doll, you can do it.

However, in my case, the doll had a serious sticky hair problem.

so I had to take it off.

Once this is done, let's remove the head.

For this, I use a hair dryer

and I put it directly on the head

until it becomes squishy

to be able to remove it

without damaging the neck mechanism.

And what I'm going to do now

is to remove the ears to follow my design.

Done this, I will reserve them for later.

Now, the next step is to remove the hair

from the inside of the head.

I like to use a plain slotted screwdriver

to be able to push the glue first

until all the hair comes out

and then to remove the waste with pliers.

It is very satisfying to see

how the head is completely clean of hair.

This part is very unpleasant

'cause your fingers become too sticky

but it is necessary to do it.

Look at all that horrendous glue.

So, now let's wet a cotton with acetone

or with nail polish remover

although it is a bit slower

to remove the factory paint of the doll.

with swabs you can reach the most difficult parts.

Once it's clean

let's reposition the ears.

first I'll mark with a pencil

the place where I want them to be

and then, with a thin wire and round pliers

I'm going to make a kind of knot.

We make one for each ear

and glue it in the hole that is inside.

Once dry, we put it on the head

and we try to secure the wire inside

so that it doesn't come out.

And now I'll close the holes

with epoxy clay.

So, what is epoxy clay?

It's a clay that hardens

It's a clay that hardens before the chemical reaction

of two parts: A and B.

This is the first time I use this clay

so I practically just learned how to use it

With latex gloves

let's take equal parts of A and B

and mix them.

To apply it I used water

and a sculpting tool

with a sphere on the tip.

From time to time it can stain,

be careful with that.

It was a bit complicated, but in the end I got it.

Now let's move to the body.

For this you, can use a water sandpaper or an ultrafine one

a nail file also works well.

And what we will do, will be to smooth

the plastic joints.

and at the same time, to remove the varnish

that has the body on.

It's very usual to find situations like these.

We can remove that plastic with a cutter

and sand again.

And now, we go back to the head.

Once the clay is completely cured

let's sand it a little so it's not so rough.

And we have reached the most exciting part.

To work on the face, we need a sealant.

In this case, I'm going to use this one

which is called mr. super clear.

It's the basic one that everyone uses for their repaints

but it's expensive.

We spray the head about three times

and let it dry for 30 minutes.

To work, we're going to need some watercolor pencils

and chalk pastels.

What I'm doing right now

is panting the clay with acrylics

and we're going to start shading

with pastels and a brush.

Here I applied a little blush with pink

and now, with a brown pencil

we begin to sketch the eyes.

Once we are satisfied with the sketch

it's time to apply the black pencil.

And we do the same with the eyebrows.

This gray thing you see here is a kneaded eraser.

It is very useful to remove the residues of pastels

This is about filling in the colors

with each layer of sealant.

A layer is applied, then color, (My cat assistant XD)

then another layer, then color.

It depends on the design the amount of layers that are needed

and the opacity you want for the final result.

(I think she already likes to show up...)

(Bombón!!!)

Here I already finished the first layer

so let's apply sealant to do the next one.

Then we follow the same steps again

until we get the opacity we want.

I tell you, I knew this activity any day on YouTube

when a Dollightful's video appeared in my recommendations

who is one of the most famous doll artists

and, to date, my favorite.

She has very nice works, I'll leave here a photo.

If it's easier for you, you can also use acrylic paint.

Once we put the shines of the eyes,

we can apply a last layer of sealant.

And we are going to do exactly the same with the body.

We apply sealant, wait for it to dry and start to blush

If you don't want to do this step, there is no problem,

but I recommend it because it gives a lot of life to the plastic.

and now, we'll proceed to make the tattoos.

In the same way, I started with brown pencil to make the sketch

and later I darkened the lines with black pencil.

I must confess that I'm not very good at making tattoos,

but I did my best, I hope you like them.

This was the arm tattoo

and now we continue with the torso tattoo,

which was especially my favorite.

In the same way, I did the two leg tattoos.

in the foot tattoo,

it didn't work only with the watercolor pencils,

so I did it with acrylic paint.

We continue with the clothes.

These were the patterns that I made for the tunic and the short.

For the short, I used a dark red satin fabric,

and for the tunic, a black stretch fabric with texture.

I made the bra with a pair of triangles and thread,

and for the shoes, I chose this pair from a Cleolei doll.

I only changed the color of the sole,

first black and then brown.

To protect the painting of the sole,

I'm using this matt varnish

diluted with some water.

And to complete the outfit,

I made these two necklaces with thread.

For the broom,

I got this pretty root brush scrubber

and this twig.

First, I painted the twig with a black base,

and later, I painted it brown.

And then I had to break the poor brush scrubber.

little by little, I was taking out

the roots that I considered necessary,

and then I stuck them at the end of the twig.

Once the glue has dried,

It's time to shape the broom.

I reused one of the wires to hold the inside,

and then, with hemp thread,

I shaped the broom.

And this was the result.

And now follows the hat.

As a base I used craft foam,

and with a casque that I already had,

I drew the width of the head.

And then I made a circumference around

for the volume of the hat.

We cut it out and take away the center,

and on the chosen fabric, we draw our base twice.

We leave the center of both sides open

and then sew them around.

Before turning it out,

we make some small cuts on the border,

and we put the craft foam base.

Now, with the same fabric, we cut a triangle,

fold it in half and sew it.

In the base of the hat,

we glue one of the edges inwards.

And finally, we sew both pieces together.

And now our last step: the hair.

This one that I'm using is very long,

so I'm going to cut it in half.

Now, I used an acetate sheet,

a plastic knife

and cold silicone glue.

We take a lock of hair,

extend it, apply silicone

and spread it with the knife.

Once dry, we flip it out and do exactly the same.

What I like about using a plastic knife

is that you can simply clean it and use it again.

The final result we'll obtain, is this.

In my case, I directly glued these hair wefts

on the head with UHU.

We are gluing the wefts horizontally

from the bottom to the top.

When we have reached the hair division,

we are going to glue a new weft

and bend it in the opposite direction.

And we do the same with the other side.

To give texture to the hair,

what I did was to braid it

and let it rest in boiling water

for about 5 minutes.

After a few hours, when the hair is completely dry,

we can untwist it and see the final result.

And finally, I styled it with scissors.

Now that everything is finally ready,

we can put the head back on the body.

to finish, I put metal loops on their ears as earrings.

And she turned out like this

In the end, I had to make a new hat

because the first one I made didn't fit,

but I used exactly the same technique.

I decided to call this little girl Hilda

I tell you that she is available for adoption,

if someone is interested, you can contact me via instagram.

I hope little Hilda has liked you as much as me.

Of course, don't forget to like and subscribe

if you want to see more of my work.

See you until the next video.

Bye bye.

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét