Thứ Ba, 27 tháng 2, 2018

Waching daily Feb 27 2018

- [Taren] What's up, Trainiacs!

Lionel Sanders winning and indoor triathlon,

wearing nothing but a Speedo,

Gwen Jorgensen running for her life,

and apparently,

professional triathlon teams is now a thing.

Let's try doin' some triathlon news today.

(upbeat techno music)

Let's start by getting this off,

but there is so much going on

in the world of triathlon that's interesting,

even now,

still in the middle of the winter,

that I figure,

why not try doing a triathlon News Tuesday?

Triathlon Newsday!

As always happens in the world of triathlon,

let's lead it off with Iron Man

and the first race really to happen

with Iron Man,

as they expand into South Asia,

happened this weekend in Iron Man 70.3 Colombo.

There wasn't a pro race in this,

but the men's race was won

in a blistering time of 04:06:06

by Olivier Godart,

who last year,

actually just finished barely off the podium

in Kona,

so he's a phenomenal age group athlete.

He spent the last 15 years in Dubai,

and decided, over the last bunch of years,

"You know what?

I just woke up one day

and said I'm going to do a triathlon!"

Turns out, that's a very good way to get fast.

On the women's side,

Ling Er Choo went from...

Ling Er Choo,

Ling Er Choo,

from Singapore,

won the women's race in 04:43.

Now Ling Er Choo is a four-time Kona finisher

and she actually had a near-fatal bike crash

back in 2009.

She's got a bunch of titanium pins

and bolts in her leg,

keepin' her together,

so apparently titanium makes you even faster

than an orange kickboard,

and she seems like fun.

Also recently,

Gwen Jorgensen has started a YouTube channel

documenting her pursuit of the goal

of getting Olympic gold

in the next Olympics in 2020,

and she's done this with the help of

a new buddy of mine,

Talbot Cox.

Funny story about this,

Talbot messaged me a couple of weeks ago,

and he said.

"Dude, I just spent the last week

with Gwen and her hubby Pat,

and their new kid, Stanley,

and I think that she can do it."

I was like,

"Oh man, really?

I did a video on her

saying that I didn't think she has the guns for it."

He responded with

"Yeah, they saw that video."

They hate me now.

Hopefully not,

because I liked her YouTube channel.

For the last couple of weeks,

Lionel Sanders has been

doing really well in made-up races

all over the place.

A couple of weeks ago,

he actually won the Indoor Ontario Triathlon Championship,

which is a really neat format.

There aren't distances,

there's times.

It was a 15 minute swim,

a 15 minute bike,

and a 15 minute run,

and in those,

he had some of the fastest swim times

that he's ever done.

He swam 1525 meters in 15 minutes,

see "really frickin' fast",

he put out 419 average watts

over the course of 15 minutes on the bike,

and then he went into the run,

and wearing nothing but a Speedo,

which I totally approve of,

he basically ran a 15 minute 5K.

That is crazy fast!

And then,

just this past weekend,

Zwift had their national championships

all around the world.

Of course,

Lionel went into it

and placed fourth in Canada,

in what seemed like an absolute bloodbath of watts.

Of course,

Lionel Sanders does well in indoor tri championships

and on Zwift.

He would be my pick.

A couple of new things

comin' out of USAT,

the USA triathlon organization,

compression gear sponsor 2XU

has confirmed that they

are signed on again,

and they are going to be

the official bike gear sponsor

of USAT and,

this was kinda announced when I was at

the Triathlon Business International Conference

a couple of weeks ago,

that mytimetotri.com is now alive

and provides fantastic resource...

Frankly, it's good competition for me...

Of video content

to help triathletes out,

so you should check that out.

And, the Major League Triathlon Series

announce their pro teams.

I had no idea that this even existed.

There are eight pro teams,

and they will race in a series of races

in the Major League Triathlon Series,

and those races are

Atlantic City,

Avon, Colorado,

Tempe,

big fan Tempe,

and Charlotte, North Carolina.

This is a really cool idea.

They've got athletes like

Ben Kanute coming in

for the Carolina Gliders,

that sounds tough,

fellow emerging YouTube sensation

Eric Lagerstrom is playing for the San Diego Stingrays,

and fellow Canadian Paul Findlay

is steppin' it up for the Colorado Peaks.

I'm personally a fan

of the Toronto Freeze.

They get points for accuracy on that name.

What I'd also like to do

in these Newsday Tuesdays

is share a story from the Trainiac community,

because this is more about you

than it is me.

I kinda just lead the charge

of sharing my triathlon journey,

but a bigger thing is that

all of you are going through

an equally awesome triathlon journey,

so I want to share that,

and I think that this is a good forum

to do it.

Let's talk about my man,

Steven Bellam.

I'm gonna read you an email that we got,

and this is like...

I've cried twice reading this.

"Let's go back

to the start of 2016.

I was 155 kilograms,

I struggled with weight

all my life.

Our oldest had just started school

about 750 meters away from where we lived.

This day,

I walked him to school,

and I needed to sit down at the school,

to rest after walking just the 750 meters,

then after walking home,

I needed to even sit down again.

I went in to see my regular doctor

for my six month checkup,

and he said that I needed

to increase my blood pressure tablet strength

again for the fourth time in just three years.

After chatting with my doctor

about what I had been doing,

Weight Watchers,

low sugar diets,

ready-made meals,

et cetera,

et cetera,

we decided that

we were running out of options.

I just turned 40,

and I was not sure

that I would make 50.

My doctor recommended that

I investigate weight loss surgery ,

and I ended up having it in June 2016.

My goal weight with the surgery

was to get to 110 Kg,

but my personal goal was

to get into triathlon.

In July 2016,

while recovering,

I found your YouTube channel."

See, this is where I get all emotional, you guys!

"I was so excited to find somewhere

that I could watch

and develop my knowledge

about this amazing sport.

I started watching your weekly videos,

and then even while watching

some of the old A Race videos...

Jeez, some of them were rough."

They were really bad, Steve.

"I started slowly walking around the block,

jogging from one house to the next,

and then,

gradually a little bit more running,

then started doing a little bit of swimming and cycling.

In December 2016,

after I'd lost 50 Kg,

I did my first sprint training session.

It was also the six month anniversary

of my surgery,

and in January 2017,

I did my first sprint race.

That race was an int..."

(weeping) (thumps microphone) You guys...

"I'm now two races down for the 2017

and 28 season.

Two sprint races,

and guess what?

I'm now completed one of my season goals,

01:22:45 for the sprint.

I also achieved something

that I never thought was possible

in that race.

I got a podium finish in my age group.

I will not tell you how many there was

in my age group,

but I will just say

it was less than four.

I also..."

This is where he got me.

This is where you got me, Steve!

Dammit, Steve!

"I also had my first DNF last weekend,

when I smashed up my back derailleur,

so it was not all rosy when it did happen,

but the thing that went through my head was,

what would Taran..."

Fuck..

"what would Taran and Coach Pat

say to me now.

They would say to me, just go out and do the run twice.

So that's what I did.

I've now gone on to drop 62 Kg.

I've gone from wearing 5XL to size medium shirts.

Some who don't know me would say

that it's because of the surgery,

but after seeing my surgeon last week,

I'm achieving things

that even he did not expect.

As I said earlier,

he was expecting me to get to 110 Kg,

well I'm another 17 below that,

and I'm down to 93 Kg."

(vocalizes)

See,

when I say that you guys motivate me,

I am not kidding here.

Steve,

thank you very much for sharing that.

Please,

if any of you all want to see more

sobbing Taran,

send me a message at taran@triathlontaran.com

with your triathlon story,

and it doesn't have to be

about how I've changed it ,

or our podcasts have changed your triathlon story,

but I want to hear about your triathlon stories,

the stories that you would see

on Iron Man once a year,

that's what originally got me into this sport,

and we need to share more of that

every single week.

So, let's do it on triathlon Newsday Tuesday.

This coming week,

just tomorrow,

hours from now,

Mel and I are going to be heading

to Clermont, Florida,

to do a bunch of coverage

from Jesse Kropelnicki's QT2 pro triathlon team,

so follow along!

We're gonna be vlogging it up.

Thank you for watching this very first

Newsday Tuesday,

and if you aren't already subscribed,

hit that subscribe button below,

and if you are subscribed,

obviously, this is a very new format,

and might just be the first and only

Newsday Tuesday,

but if you like it,

hit that Like button and comment below

with what you think about it.

I'm not crying, you're crying.

For more infomation >> TRIATHLON NEWS February 27, 2018 | Lionel Sanders wins Indoor Triathlons, Gwen Jorgensen on YouTube - Duration: 9:51.

-------------------------------------------

SF9 Names Their Unexpected Role Model For Comeback With "Mamma Mia"(News) - Duration: 2:25.

SF9 Names Their Unexpected Role Model For Comeback With "Mamma Mia"

SF9 had a surprising role model for their teamwork while preparing their new mini album!.

The FNC Entertainment boy group made a comeback on February 26 with Mamma Mia. At a showcase to celebrate the release of their new mini album, the guys were asked about their goals for this comeback. Soompi. Display. News. English.

300x250. Mobile. English. 300x250. ATF.

Jaeyoon replied, I heard that our O Sole Mio music video will soon reach 10 million views. The goal for Mamma Mia is to get 20 million views. He also added, Another goal is to come in first on a music show..

Inseong said, I was really impressed when I watched the womens curling teams matches. They became a popular topic because of their strong teamwork and skills.

Just like that, while we were preparing this album, we strengthened our teamwork and worked hard on our performances. He added, The womens curling team is our role model.

I hope that Mamma Mia will become a song that everyone in the country enjoys.. During the 2018 PyeongChang Winter Olympics, the South Korean womens curling team became a national sensation, and they won the silver medal.

SF9 also talked about the concept for their comeback with Mamma Mia, saying that it had been inspired by musicals.

Inseong explained, Our concept was a high school musical, and so we worked hard to practice the expresses and gestures that would fit that. We watched the film Grease a lot and used that as a reference..

Check out SF9s new Mamma Mia MV here!.

For more infomation >> SF9 Names Their Unexpected Role Model For Comeback With "Mamma Mia"(News) - Duration: 2:25.

-------------------------------------------

NEWS | [단독] 선우재덕 입 열었다 "성추행 어이없어..변호사에 일임"(인터뷰) - Duration: 2:41.

For more infomation >> NEWS | [단독] 선우재덕 입 열었다 "성추행 어이없어..변호사에 일임"(인터뷰) - Duration: 2:41.

-------------------------------------------

NEWS | 돈 더 줘도, 합의해도 추가근로 불가..예상되는 변화들 - Duration: 6:11.

For more infomation >> NEWS | 돈 더 줘도, 합의해도 추가근로 불가..예상되는 변화들 - Duration: 6:11.

-------------------------------------------

NEWS | "자러 올래요?' '키스먼저' 감우성, 불면증 김선아에 제안[종합] - Duration: 3:57.

For more infomation >> NEWS | "자러 올래요?' '키스먼저' 감우성, 불면증 김선아에 제안[종합] - Duration: 3:57.

-------------------------------------------

STELLAR's Minhee Gives Interview About Her Group's Recent Disbandment(News) - Duration: 2:42.

STELLAR's Minhee Gives Interview About Her Group's Recent Disbandment

On February 25, the current and former members of STELLAR announced to their fans that they would be disbanding. Shortly after the announcement, Minhee gave an interview with Sports Chosun to talk about her groups disbandment and her future plans.

Soompi. Display. News. English. 300x250. Mobile. English. 300x250. ATF. Our contracts expired on February 11, she explained. We decided not to renew our contracts and go our separate ways..

When asked if there was discord between the STELLAR members, she said, There seems to be people who are worried about that, but definitely not. There is nothing like that. Our members are still very close and take care of one another..

She added, More than anything else, we feel sorry to Twinkle [their fanclub name]. Were so grateful to them and we wanted to do better for them… There are a lot of regrets.

Not long ago, the members got together and pooled our resources to have a fan meeting and greet our fans one last time. They were disappointed but also said they would cheer us on, so we gained strength from that..

About their future plans, she said, [Promoting as part of STELLAR again] probably wont happen. The name STELLAR belongs to our agency… Weve thought about things we could do as a group..

She continued, Jeonyul and Gayoung [former members of STELLAR] are working to become actors. Hyoeun and I havent decided in detail yet.

I do want to try something like acting, and Im thinking of ways to communicate with my fans through social media or YouTube..

STELLAR debuted with Rocket Girl in 2011 and went through member changes in 2012, with two members leaving and Minhee and Hyoeun being added to the group.

Last year, they added a new member Soyoung but Jeonyul and Gayoung soon left when their contracts expired.

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét