Thứ Ba, 27 tháng 2, 2018

Waching daily Feb 27 2018

The preparation of the paint for my work,

begins with the collection

of the natural material around Belo Horizonte

in the mining companies.

And it's brought ...

This is actually a stone, a phyllite

that will be crushed,

so that I can transform this in pigments.

Here we have a pigment, with which I will produce the paint,

it's a slow process

but I like to do it personally,

because it allows me to determine the granulometry of the paint.

So if I grind more, I can have a very fine paint

and if I grind less, I have a rough pigment

which will get very close to the beauty of the natural land.

[AGNALDO FARIAS, Curator] Manfredo is an artist,

carpenter, craftsman.

You see a taste for touch,

for the contact, for cutting,

In Manfredo's case this goes until the grain of the painting.

It goes in the fabric that covers and on the pigment that he manipulates.

My work plays a lot with the dynamics of the form

and its a relationship with space.

The work is built but it really goes ...

its final shape or maybe temporary

is determined by the space where it places.

So a work like this can take different positions

depending where it was placed.

[Curator] I was accustumed and everybody was accustomed

with a delimited paint, that had a frame,

that had the same structure that worked behind the scenes,

this was hidden and the format was square.

Well, and Manfred already broke up with it,

in a line that in Brazil, after studying, I never found...

For me it's a work that must have coherence,

so it can perhaps dialogue with the history of art,

that can dialogue with the work who came before it,

and can emphasize certain directions to the future.

So my work dialogues with the past of art,

with the painting, but also, based on something

which may be in the future.

I believe very strongly that my work is a work

that can offer new bases in the geometry made in Brazil.

In this sense, which is a geometry

linked to the landscape, to the land,

and it has a certain land-based

and although it also has connections,

with certain aspects of the international art.

The fabric in Manfredo speaks up,

it's never a passive support

and it's not there to be eclipsed by the chromatic matter,

no, so much is that the chromatic matter

almost never coats the totality of the fabric,

the fabric speaks, it has its own voice.

[Manfred] Here we have a small form

that I actually worked in a large series

of works within this format,

it's painted on both sides,

so you can use

both sides of the work,

the verse and reverse, that refers a little

with the works I've done in the seventies in Paris,

where the paint crossed the screen

and you actually exposed the back of the screen.

The painting was exactly what the texture

the slime allowed the paint to leak to the other side.

Even for you to determine the form

of how it was going to be cut and enlarged in the space.

There are moments in his painting. that you would say that it's not

even more painting, or almost not,

it's almost not painting,

or it's a drawing, or it's a three-dimensional structure

like a relief.

Because it's when you do not have any trace

of the fabric, almost zero,

and then the formats, they vary,

so what you really see is the wood,

but the painting is placed internally,

there is a process, where the color

is reduced, more and more, until very drastic solutions

of collection, however it is there,

like a germ, as if it had a latency.

[Manfredo] My trajectory is closely linked to Minas Gerais,

because I'm from the Vale do Jequitinhonha

and I went to Belo Horizonte,

and I had that impact of a large city,

compared to the one I had lived in the Vale do Jequitinhonha.

I'm always going to Belo Horizonte,

or to some city of Minas of the Vale do Jequitinhonha,

or even in some places,

because that for me is like to seek a source of energy

that renew you, we can say, maybe the inspiration.

My work needs the pigments,

because I work with this relation of the landscape of Minas Gerais,

of the mountain, and the mountain that generate

the pigments that is the raw material

of my pictorial work.

For me, this coming and going to Minas Gerais

it's a constant go to the source and to nourish.

I believe you work from a background

that you get, that is an experience.

I can never create a work

that is not linked to my childhood

in the Vale do Jequitinhonha, the ceramics I saw and all this.

Even because I remember, when I lived in Paris,

five years later,

I felt totally disconnected

of my roots in Brazil.

And I came back and much of my return,

was motivated by the need of to meet

the primary sources that conditioned

my relationship with the art and culture.

Then, to return to Brazil and Minas,

It's always this come back to a past that fed

my childhood, perhaps my fears,

and that created a history

and that makes a difference in my work.

My first contact with Manfredo's work

was mediated by Valter Zenini.

Valter Zenini was the first person

who I worked, in the field of visual arts

in the Biennial of 81 and 83.

And he said like that: "Farias, the paintings are coming back. "

But he talked about that with a very alarmed air,

the paintings are coming back...

And at the Biennial of 83, the same,

it started to come more painters

and his remark was even bigger.

But I realized that

he brought Manfredo.

He brought Lidia Okomura and Celso Renato.

which were three very different paths

and not aligned with the Neo-Expressionists

and the Italians transvantguarde had been doing.

And among these three artists,

the most eminently painter,

that is, who worked inside of the strict lane of painting,

but reinventing, it was Manfredo.

My work is a work that always dialogued

with the third dimension.

It dialogued in the sense that because I am

an artist who builds things,

that's mean, I'm a builder.

There is even this school called constructivism,

that is the Russian Constructivism,

that was one of the greatest sources of knowledge

that I acquired in Europe.

So, this construction of form

and construction of the chassis,

this has led me to a three dimensional,

so I create works that are sculptures,

some works are sculptures,

but I think even most of them,

were painted sculptures.

So painting is what guides my work.

My relationship with color, with pigment,

and then has this relationship with space

and with the third dimension.

And next to this are these pitchforks, these bifurcations,

these meetings that give a sense of vortex,

give the sense of something that is erratic.

A painting, an expression that

never ends at its own limit.

And in this relationship of three dimensionality

and the uniformity of the work.

I think the painting is the vehicle that transits

between one side and another,

but I consider myself much more painter than a sculptor.

Well, what we have is the following,

I start my work always with a project,

which must be some vestige of my studies of architecture,

and also allows me to make the frame structure

which must be extremely well measured.

So the projects are here,

the works are, they're here,

the angles are measured, the chassis is made up.

This drawing is the project of this white work,

you have the other one on the wall.

This structure of work, it's more or less

from certain doodles, of certain notes I take,

then I'm going to produce the project.

and consequently, the paintings.

The paintings are paintings, but in the bottom

have a whole language, painting, sculpture,

because it plays with the three-dimensionality,

not only with the flatness of the painting

So you have the pictorial surface,

but at the same time, you have

a form that is dynamic, that is fragmented

and through fragments, the totality of the work is built.

And these works also play with material,

with the texture of the canvas holder,

that are linen and jute canvas,

and also plays with the wood and the shape,

and this form is what gives this dynamism of the work in the space.

TAKE A LOOK AT THE MOUNTAINS

This "Take a look at the mountains" sticker

was created by me and a friend of mine,

called Emílio Osório Neto, who was helping me

in the assembly of my first individual exhibition in Belo Horizonte,

this was in 1974,

and we wanted to do something that got the attention

to the exhibition, in addition to the invitation.

And the exhibition was called

"Memory of things that still exist."

And it was a series of drawings I did about the Minas landscape

that I had photographed through slides and documented.

By documenting that landscape, I also got to a sad conclusion

that landscape was being ground, destroyed and exported.

So to get the attention to this problem itself,

of the landscape, around Belo Horizonte

we created this sticker called "Take a look at the mountains"

and completed then on the exhibition that was:

"Take a look at the mountains

to tell your kids how those were".

Because we were already building

a memory of the things that already existed.

and this created, and met an strong appeal

of the people of Belo Horizonte.

I made a hundred stickers, took to the Architecture School,

everybody wanted it, it was crazy,

the next day the whole School asked me.

We made a thousand stickers for the opening of the Exhibition,

and disappeared in a few minutes.

We glued throughout the glass façade of ICBEU,

Brazil-United States Cultural Institute,

the stickers.

"Take a look at the mountains ... Manfredo's advice

sounds melancholic. Look at things well

which still exist and tomorrow will be a simple memory".

What constituted the landscape, the core of it,

it was the color itself,

and could provide me the color of my painting,

so I started to take pieces of the landscape,

the soil, of the stones to the studio, to transform it into pigments,

and make the color and the subject of my work.

Manfredo's work is growing, expanding,

consolidating as decantation,

as a process, that has to do with

the process of the land.

Manfredo's work is a great contribution

for our culture, the Brazilian culture in general.

It has the particularity which is typical of great artists.

He is a great artist because his work is singular.

But at the same time it resonates

in universal terms, undoubtedly.

And it is a great contribution

that the Brazilian culture offers to the world.

script and director PEDRO PAULO MENDES

interview AGNALDO FARIAS

music VALSA SÓ-RONALDO MIRANDA

performance PATRÍCIA BRETAS-PIANO

images LUÍS ABRAMO, BERNARDO NIELSEN

drone BRUNO MISAWA

pictures LUCIANO MATTOS

translation CLÁUDIA PIERSANTI

executive production SARAH DA CUNHA SANTOS

production TECA LACERDA, LUCIANA LACERDA

edition MATEUS RIBEIRO, RAFAEL ANDRADE

kindly

For more infomation >> MANFREDO DE SOUZANETTO - Duration: 16:21.

-------------------------------------------

Constantes vitales normales de los perros - Duration: 3:39.

For more infomation >> Constantes vitales normales de los perros - Duration: 3:39.

-------------------------------------------

The Voice 2018 : Betty, en état de grâce - Duration: 3:03.

For more infomation >> The Voice 2018 : Betty, en état de grâce - Duration: 3:03.

-------------------------------------------

Hockey Moms with Jennifer Lindgren - Duration: 2:59.

Hi, I'm Jennifer Lindgren.

I'm the proud mom of the goaltender Charlie Lindgren

and I'm here to support him tonight at the Bell Center.

When Charlie was younger, he was little.

He was like really tiny, and he... He grew at a later date,

so when a lot of guys were picked and things were happening,

he wasn't one of them because he was just so small.

He... He just had to do whatever it took,

where some guys were big enough to block the pucks

and they were just that size and it was easier for them.

For Charlie it wasn't.

You know, that's where I think his athleticism has come into play, and

he will just battle, because that's what he had to do for...

When he was little, and he continues to do it now.

He wanted to win so bad, it didn't matter, you know!

So, he always has worked so hard, he's just done what it takes.

He will work... you know, in the summer he comes home and he works every day, all day.

You know, just... He's a battler and people will say that over and over again.

He never... He just won't give up.

You know, he took French when he was in high school because he said,

'You know, I might go to an NHL team, that I will need French.'

and I'm like, 'Okay, you know, good for you. Everybody else is taking Spanish, but yeah great for you.'

And, you know, we were here, like I said World Juniors last year

So we... We did walk around and spend a lot of time looking at the Ken Dryden, and...

And all of that... Just the different goalies that played here.

And when Charlie was talking about coming here, I knew nothing about, right, the Canadiens, and...

And, you know, he had a couple teams where he could go to, but it was important for him to come here

because of the history.

So when I came it was...

I... I got it. I understood it.

I... I get the fans and I get how passionate they are

and I... I love the whole experience here

and I love how passionate everybody is, and all in, and...

You know, I... I really do.

You know what? He is such a great person. He's so kind to everybody.

But... he is so compassionate about this sport, and the position and, you know...

To see... I don't know if I could describe how proud I am, because not many get here.

And, that he worked so hard against so many odds to get here,

just shows what kind of person he is, and, that he wasn't going to take no for an answer.

He was gonna do whatever it took, and...

I don't know. I don't know how you described that as a mom.

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét