Thứ Năm, 26 tháng 4, 2018

Waching daily Apr 26 2018

My name is Gervane de Paula.

I'm rooted and radicalized in Cuiabá,

in the state of Mato Grosso.

My art has the characteristic

of an artist who lives outside the urban center,

with my back to the shore.

So the paintings, the installations

and the objects

use not only elements,

but also subjects of the regional culture.

And the perception is always national and international.

My career started when I was very young.

I had my first contact with art when I was 16,

through a painting studio here in Cuiabá.

Since then, I started going to exhibitions,

like the São Paulo Art Biennial,

which is the panorama of plastic art in Brazil.

Magazines, books, videos...

For me and other artists who don't live in urban centers,

everything that comes in, like magazines and news,

are precious.

They're very important.

But my great inspiration

is the environment and what surrounds us.

But we are also aware of the things

happening in the world

in the visual art field.

The creative process can take a long time,

but it can also be quick.

The nature of this process can come

from a reading,

from an image

or from a real scene.

The work of art always start with some kind of sketch.

And, as time goes,

we start developing what it's going to be,

whether it's going to be a painting, an object...

My art isn't...

Even though my is art is very critical,

it's also very sarcastic and joyful.

I'm a happy-go-lucky artist and so is my work,

in spite of everything.

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét