Thứ Ba, 31 tháng 10, 2017

Waching daily Oct 31 2017

Private recruit Poirier, come here.

Yes Sergeant.

Place yourself here, and close your eyes.

Are you batting your eyelids? Relax.

It's a test.

Do you trust me?

Yes Sergeant.

Close your eyes, open your mouth.

Could you tell me what it is?

Cheese curds from Farnham.

Is it the best cheese in the region?

Yes Sergeant.

The Canadian Armed Forces community is very

welcoming of women. I am talking about my personal experience,

even though all our instructors are all men

they were always very attentive to the needs of the women in

my platoon. At this moment we are a dozen. When we started the course we were more

girls but they are very attentive to our needs of women, they

advocate gender equality but they also have an understanding

of certain dimensions of what means to be a woman. They really

demonstrate a welcoming, open minded spirit.

I would say it's the thing...

I would say it's the thing I'm most proud of in all of my life. There is so much that

I am proud of. I am proud of my career as a journalist, I am proud to have

forged professional ties during the four years I spent as a journalist, I am

proud of my physical progress. When I started physical

training and one of my coaches told me: The first time I saw you go in

I was sure that you would never come back.

I managed to hang on then,

and that confidence, it seems that it is what pushed me to always want more,

always want to take on more challenges.

Eventually, it's what made me want to joing the Canadian Armed

Forces. And even in difficult moments our

instructors told us all the time : be proud, be proud of what you've done

Even when you make a mistake. Don't let it show on your face.

Be proud. It's those words that I have retained, it's the pride of wearing

this uniform, you're proud to have graduated with these people, you're proud of having

suffered, laughed, cried with them. Three months later on we get out of there and

we're like my god I got through all of that. It's something really intense

and demanding. I can't imagine my life without the military, without the institution, without

wearing my uniform. Once you get a taste of it, you think to yourself: My god, I want to make my place

I want to pass this course. It will take what it will take. The

recruit course is about holding on, when you're feeling bad, the days where

everything goes wrong

It's about holding on to the positive. It's the hardest thing that I have done in my entire

life. It's the thing, one of the things, that I am the most

proud of because I had true conviction that I would be very proud

Of my military career in general but the recruit course is a

very unique experience. It's hard when you are on it.

You have tunnel vision, you're really in it. Then, once It's finished

You're like … actually a little nostalgic.

I will never forget the people that I met here, whether it's the members

of my platoon, but I will especially never forget my instructors.

If I became the person, I became a soldier, it's because of them. It was them

who always pushed me, who always got me to give the best of myself

even on days when it didn't go well. Because they are good people and

they are very professional even If you see them yelling at us

and all that. They did all of that for us to succeed. One phrase that Stays with me was said

during the week that I was sick, that I had missed my weapons handling

courses, that I felt like my world was unravelling and that I would have to

be deferred to different course. The deputy commandant of my platoon, Sergeant Lucas,

looked at me and said: Ventura, we are fighting for you. It

really touched me. It's the phrase, one of the phrases that I

repeated on a loop in my mind when we are in the mud doing

pushups, when I am doing drill and I

turn left instead of right. It's phrases like that,

important phrases. I was lucky to find such

wonderful people, without them I would not have passed this course. And without the members of my platoon,

without those who supported me, without those who cared about me, who cared about

my well-being, without my team, without the members of my section, without

my section commander, without my partner, my partner

who pushes me to become better even when I am miserable.

It's really a team. You realize that you are an individual but you are supported by

a team and as long as you show good will, when you show

respect for this team, people will support. There is no one in the

Canadian Armed Forces who likes to see a colleague struggling, a colleague to

crash. Nobody likes that. On the recruit course, you see very

quickly, the people that have difficulty, of course the other people

will help them, and this help is precious.

It was often said that the platoon in which I am, that I was in the

most severe squad of all the school of recruits, but I did not see that, I saw people

That were demanding, the military personnel, they wanted us to be alert, to have

a sense of urgency, that we would demonstrate

It's for our own benefit, and we already see where those lessons are

leading us. All these things in addition to what they make

us do ... I can never have enough thanks that life place me in this

platoon. The staff of the recruit school, in its civilian-military entirety,

are exceptional people, they are passionate people.

With your strengths and your weaknesses,

we formed a group. Today, I am as proud as you are. You earned it, you graduated.

For more infomation >> De journaliste à militaire - épisode 5 - Duration: 9:35.

-------------------------------------------

Costumul meu de Halloween! My Halloween costume! - Duration: 0:37.

Where are you going?

At halloween!

You like my costume?

I hope yes!

I hope to not scare many kids!

What costume do you have?

I'm waiting for your comments,

and, I want you to tell me about your costumes!

I wish you a happy halloween!

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét