Thứ Ba, 31 tháng 10, 2017

Waching daily Oct 31 2017

Hey! My name is Gisele! I'm a student at Rio & Learn. I'm Australian.

Today I'm gonna be talking about the Guanabara Bay in Rio de Janeiro.

The Guanabara Bay is located between 3 cities. Niterói, Rio de Janeiro and São Gonçalo.

Lots of people come here and hang out. There is also a lot of people in boats.

The Guanabara Bay is the second largest bay in Brazil and It was found by a Portuguese Maritime Expansion on January 1st, 1502.

When the Portuguese found this Bay they thought it was a river. That's why they called it Rio de Janeiro.

River of January. But indeed it was a bay! It's Bay of Guanabara.

Some time later Later, the bay was called Baía de Guanabara by the indigenous population.

The Guanabara Bay hosted events like the Rio 2016 Olympics and also a lot of boating competitions.

Nowadays it's possible to see tons of garbage and residues dumped by industries in the Guanabara Bay

which results in huge amount of pollution around the area.

This pollution prevents bathers from getting into the water due to a high level of bacterias

and makes it almost impossible to see sea animals throughout the territory.

And that's it for today guys! If you feel like finding out more about the Guanabara Bay

you come in our RioLIVE! activity across to Niteroi!

You can follow Rio & Learn on Facebook, Instagram and follow our channel in Youtube! Thanks! Tchau!

Hey! My name is Gisele, I'm Australian. I'm a student at Rio & Learn.

Today I'm gonna be talking about the Gu...

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét