Chủ Nhật, 29 tháng 4, 2018

Waching daily Apr 29 2018

Monsieur le Comte, what is it?

I thought... I thought I saw...

What a nonsensical delusion!

Come!

I have noticed some melancholy in you recently, my dear Remy!

I am afraid you are right.

Am I?

Ever since monsieur Monsoreau and I parted ways, every day has felt like it has 48 hours!

-And what of love? -What?

As I told you before, monsieur...

Love to me is merely a subject of scientific research.

Tsk tsk, is your romance with Gertrude over and done with?

Well and truly over!

Well well...

Tell me, monsieur - are you truly certain that Monsoreau is not in Paris?

Yes, I am certain.

The king ordered him to depart for Compiegne this morning in the presence of all courtiers.

And yet you are making a mistake.

Which mistake?

Remember that ancient myth... It was Venus who disarmed Mars!

Well, since you are no longer with Gertrude... adieu.

I will be waiting for you.

-What for? -To make certain that you will return in two hours...

...and get enough sleep before the duel!

Do not worry - I have not forgotten the duel!

-I will return in two hours. -Agreed then. Adieu, count! -Adieu!

-Is it you, monsieur de Bussy? -Yes, it is I.

We have been waiting for you for a while...

Based on a novel by Alexandre Dumas (père)

La Dame de Monsoreau

Episode 25

This night appears extraordinary for some reason.

-Are we alone in the house? -Yes, I gave leave to Gertrude for tonight.

How well I feel in your company!

I think of you, but I am aware of the entire world at the same time...

-Aware of the Heavens, aware of the divine... -Louis...

Do you love me?

You are my only earthly treasure.

Are you afraid of losing me?

I will not be able to go on without you.

Then listen... And promise to obey me.

I promise.

No, Louis!

You are looking at me, but you are not listening!

But I see you instead.

How beautiful you are tonight!

My beauty is not the point! I wish to speak of you.

...of your life, of our life!

I beg you - be careful and on your guard!

I give you my word that I will survive...

Trust me as I trust my friends.

Antraguet is not worse with a rapier than I am...

Riberac always keeps a cool head in a fight.

Livarot has the agility of a tiger.

Believe me, we are an excellent set!

We might even be too good...

You know, I even wish it was more dangerous.

For more glory afterwards!

I am not afraid for your life, I know that nobody can defeat you.

But I am afraid the king will not forgive you the deaths of his favourites!

And you might be exiled...

Do not fear that either - the duke needs me far too much!

He will protest my banishment.

You know...

I would love to be present at your duel.

No. It is impossible - or I would look only in your direction...

My opponents might use my lapse against me.

Although...

If I were to choose a death, I would choose this one!

Why do you speak of death?

We must go, monsieur de St. Luc - adieu!

-Adieu! -Good night!

Good night.

Monsieur de St. Luc!

Remy! Remy in the flesh!

What are you doing this far from the Louvre at this hour?

Not what you are thinking!

I am here on the king`s errand, dear Remy.

He told me "St. Luc, take a stroll in the city and if you hear someone say that I abdicated..."

"... be so kind as to disabuse them of that notion!"

So, did you hear someone speak of the abdication?

Of course I did not.

To tell the truth, I have hardly met anyone...

...except monsieur de Monsoreau.

What have you just said?!

You saw monsieur de Monsoreau?!

Yes.

-But this cannot be! -Whyever not?

Because monsieur de Monsoreau is in Compiegne!

I do not know about Compiegne, I only know that he is not there at the moment.

Right now, he is sauntering through Paris with a troop of heavily armed men in tow!

Diana, what is wrong? I do not recognize you today...

Louis...

You must leave now!

What? But why?

Your eyes are bloodshot... You must sleep.

Go!

Diana!

It is impossible! Listen, it is not possible...

We have been waiting for so long for a night like this one!

Forgive me... Did you by any chance notice in which direction Monsoreau went?

Direction? Towards the Rue St. Antoine!

-Oh Lord... -What is the matter?

Monsieur de St. Luc, a great disaster might strike any moment now...

Monsieur de Bussy thinks that le Comte de Monsoreau is in Compiegne!

What of it?

He decided to use this opportunity...

-Does this mean he is... -...with madame Diana now!

-What a mess... -I understand now!

Monsoreau was suspicious and pretended to leave...

...only to take them by surprise!

You are right, Remy.

Not without the duke of Anjou`s involvement, I bet.

But the duke brought about the count`s departure himself just this morning!

For a reason, I think!

Run, Remy! Let us run!

-Do you know the house? -Yes!

Did he preempt us by much? -Quarter of an hour, no more! Run!

-You are asking the impossible! -Louis...

Believe me...

It is necessary!

-I feel a sense of foreboding... -But I cannot leave!

You gave your word.

I wish to pray.

You with the ladders, forward!

Hush!

Oh Almighty...

If it is Your wish for Your humble servant to be happy...

... and not to die in despair...

...protect the one You led to me!

Climb!

Go!

Diana...

Oh Lord... You yourself are worthy of a prayer...

...the way a saint would be.

I hope you remember me in your prayers, my son!

Here at last!

Come with me, I wish to pay my friends a visit.

But first you should order monsieur de Crillon to take 10 guards and go to the Alencon palace...

...to fetch your brother.

What for?

To prevent him from escaping for the second time.

-But... -Do you regret heeding my advice today?

No! I swear by all saints, no.

Then do as I say.

What is this?!

That featherbrain is not here yet!

That madman, that wretch - to fight Bussy and give it no thought!

Bussy, the most dangerous man in France!

I will send a search party after him, I will have him sleep - even against his will!

Not a moment too soon!

Come closer, wretch!

Take a look at your comrades.

Do you see how sensible they are?

And you?

Instead of praying and lying down to sleep, as they did...

...you made a round of some dens of iniquity - playing dice, no doubt!

You are white as chalk!

What will you do tomorrow morning, when you are not good for anything now?

Go to bed.

And try to sleep.

You must rest at least for the remaining two hours!

Will you be able to fall asleep?

Easily, Sire.

I doubt it very much!

-Why? -Because you feel anxious!

And how could you not, thinking of tomorrow!

And tomorrow is already here...

Sire, I will fall asleep, I promise.

But, Your Majesty, only...

...if you give me the opportunity to do so.

Damn it, he is right!

It appears he did mean it.

He must be as brave as Caesar.

So brave that I understand nothing anymore - word of honour!

He is probably asleep.

Oh Lord... Will I be able to find peace today?

How so?

They will kill those accursed Angevins!

Do you think so, Henri?

I am certain of it...

Because they love me and they are brave!

I have not heard anyone say the Angevins were cowards either.

Of course not.

Let us go.

Wait.

What is it?

Tomorrow... Or more precisely today, I would not want...

...to sadden or coddle them.

I will take my leave of them now, while they are sleeping.

Then do it.

May the Lord watch over you, my noble Quelus.

May the Lord grant you restraint, my reckless Schomberg.

Godspeed...

I believe that the Lord will not abandon you...

...my good Maugiron.

And to you, my boy, may He grant strength and courage.

How strange...

I have never felt anything like this before.

You are beautiful now, my king.

Come.

Wait!

Look at that.

What is this?!

Blood?!

It appears he stepped into a pool of blood, your brave one.

Maybe he is wounded?

Only if it was in the heel - like Achilles!

I wonder what happened to him then...

-Probably killed someone. -Why would he?!

To polish his skills, I assume.

How strange...

Well well...

What have you just said?

I said "well well", because I think this does imply a lot indeed.

Damn it!

This is quite enough, stop tormenting yourself, Henri!

Let us speak of more important matters.

-Is the duke of Anjou in the Louvre? -Yes.

He is waiting in the throne room.

What do you intend to do with him?

I will have him locked up in the Bastille.

A very wise move indeed!

But if I were you, I would choose a more reliable prison...

...with thick walls and solid locks!

Chicot, calm down.

Henri...

I know where you can buy some excellent black velvet.

Chicot, he is my brother!

Well, damn it! I all but forgot that, when mourning a member of the royal family...

...the court is to wear purple clothing!

Do you intend to talk to him?

Of course.

What for?

Well, at least to give him the proof that his conspiracy failed...

...and take even the last shred of hope away.

If I were you, I would shorten the speech... and double the stay in prison!

Where did you find him?

Sire... His Highness was not present when I took over the Alencon palace in your name...

...but soon His Highness returned and we arrested him - with no resistance on his side.

You were in luck.

Well, monsieur, where had you been?

Wherever I may have been, Your Majesty, I assure you I was taking care of your affairs.

I was right to assume so then!

And, looking at you, I am convinced more and more that I was not wrong in doing the same -

...and taking care of your affairs.

Where were you?

What were you doing at the time when they arrested your accomplices?

-My accomplices?! -Yes, your accomplices.

Your Majesty, I am certain you were deceived!

No, monsieur, no! This time puts an end to your criminal offenses.

You failed to take my throne from me once again... brother!

Your Majesty, I beg you to be calm!

It is clear that someone must have poisoned your mind against me!

What a scoundrel...

You will die... of starvation in a cell in the Bastille.

I will await your orders, Your Majesty.

And will receive them as a blessing, even if they mean my death!

Only after you answer the question - where were you, monsieur?

Your Majesty, I was saving you... and labouring to bring about peace and glory to your rule!

And now I am curious - could you please elaborate, my prince?

Yes, please do. We are listening!

Your Majesty... I would have gladly told you everything...

...had you treated me as a brother.

But you are treating me... as a criminal.

And so I will wait for the future events to confirm that I told you the truth!

Very well...

Let us wait.

Yes, wait!

I think I understand now why monsieur d`Epernon had so much blood on his boots...

...and a fully bloodless face!

My son...

...the day is dawning.

Have you not slept at all?

Help me.

You sadden me, Henri!

For crying out loud - in the end, each of them will get no more than what is their due!

Do You hear his blaspheming, oh Lord?

Forgive him, for he is witless!

He is mad...

My poor friends!

I worry about d`Epernon most of all...

He will have to deal with Bussy, and Bussy is a lion, a tiger!

He is a snake! Bussy is a living weapon!

Of all the people, I would not worry about d`Epernon.

No!

No, he will be killed!

Him? He is not that stupid, I am certain he took some precautions.

What do you mean?

What I mean is that he will not fight.

But you heard what he said!

I am saying this precisely because I heard!

And?

I repeat - he will not fight.

You love no one... And despise all!

I want to see the duel!

No.

You must remain in the Louvre.

If you are seen there, you will be accused of sorcery should your friends win.

And should they be defeated, everybody will claim you brought about their rotten luck!

You think gossip or rumors matter to me?!

I love my friends!

I approve of your free-thinking and rebellious spirit, Henri!

I must also praise you for loving your friends to such an extent!

As the latter is one of the greatest virtues of kings...

But what I want is for you to send the duke of Anjou to the Bastille first and foremost.

Crillon is with him.

Crillon is a wild boar - an uncontainable, fearless animal...

...while your brother is a viper, a rattlesnake!

His power is not in his strength, but in his poison!

You are right.

But I would like to see them before they leave.

To our king!

To our king!

His Majesty, the king of France!

Good morning, messieurs.

I see you are in high spirits.

I praise the Lord that it is so, Sire.

My brave knights!

Last night I secured my throne so well that no blows may topple it-

And so it follows that you should not worry about my person-

...it is merely my honour you will be fighting for.

Sire, do not fear...

We might lose our lives, but your honour will be preserved in any case!

Messieurs...

I love you most tenderly.

And this is why I must ask - no reckless displays of bravery from you!

Another piece of advice from me -

Mark it well - it is not your death that will confirm that my cause is just...

...but the death of your opponents!

Your Majesty... Will you not come to watch us fight? To lend us courage.

No.

It would not be proper.

Let everyone assume the duel is the consequence of a private quarrel.

Sire...

Give us your blessing!

Go, it is time!

Well, Sire, I do not know about you, but I would like to see that duel!

I have a feeling that something curious might occur on d`Epernon`s field.

Go.

"...I do respect you, Marquess, but you ask the impossible of me..."

Close all blinds!!!

Stop all idle chatter, at once!!!

Messieurs, I suspect we might be late.

No idea... Where is that pudgy fellow we sent out?

Here!

Well, lazybones, did you wake him up?

Monsieur de Bussy was not at home.

I was told he left yesterday evening together with monsieur Remy.

-Go. -Thank you, messieurs!

I wonder...

Well well well...

I think I might be on the right track!

Did you hear the king order that a big hunt be prepared in the mountains of Compiegne?

-We heard. -Of course we heard!

Monsieur de Monsoreau was to ride there yesterday.

This means, that while the Chief Huntsman is flushing a deer buck...

Bussy is hunting Chief Huntsman`s doe!

So it follows that Bussy is closer to the place of the duel and will be there before us.

Let us hurry, friends, I think we will meet him on the way!

Bussy, that sly dog! He always manages to be in the right place at the right time!

Oh Lord...

Lord, please let Quelus remember that counter I taught him-

Parrying with a foil while striking with a dagger...

Schomberg is cold-blooded in a fight...

He will kill Riberac.

Maugiron! Maugiron...

...will defeat Livarot, if nothing else happens...

But d`Epernon...

...d`Epernon will perish!

But if he dies...

Bussy!

That terrible Bussy will attack those who are still standing!

Oh Lord...

My poor Quelus...

My Maugiron...

My Schomberg!

What... What?!

Has it ended already?!

No, Sire.

I bear no news of the duel.

But... the duke of Anjou requests permission to speak to Your Majesty.

What for?!

He claims that the time has come to tell you of the favour he rendered, Sire.

He is also convinced that what he has to say will assuage Your Majesty`s fears.

Very well, bring him here.

No one is allowed in here, monsieur de St. Luc!

-Let me pass, I must speak with the king! -Away! Back down, St. Luc!

-I said no! -Let him pass, Crillon!

Let him pass at once!!!

Sire... I have come to ask you... for revenge!

What happened to you?!

Oh Lord of Mercy...

What is it?! Rise, rise!

-Speak! -Sire...

Sire, one of your noblest subjects...

-...One of the bravest soldiers... -Who, who is it?!

Monsieur... de Bussy...

He... he... he...

Calm... calm down, St. Luc.

Tell me everything.

Tell me.

To work, my boys!

Go!

Do not shoot, you accursed idiot!!!

I would have killed you where you stand if you had shot him!

Oh no, master! I just wanted to scare them...

Well well - look who is here! Monsieur de Bussy!

It is truly him!

This is what I call the truest, most devoted friend!

He hears that the Chief Huntsman is away from home and his wife is scared and alone...

...and comes here to keep her company!

And when? Before a duel!

What an ideal of a true, devoted friend - who takes care both of the wife and the husband.

Remove your mask.

I know who is in front of me, monsieur de Monsoreau!

Yes, it is I!

Here, monsieur de Bussy, I am doing as you requested.

Very well. Then let us two fight, monsieur de Monsoreau, and end this wretched scene quickly.

As you know, I must return home today, and I live very far.

You came here to spend the night...

...and you will stay here!

-Go! -Step away from me, Diana.

No!

-Please step aside! -No!

Diana, they might kill me if you do not!

-I cannot! -Diana, I beg you!

You are ridiculous, monsieur de Bussy!

You cannot even get rid of a clingy woman!

-Diana, please go! -What a pathetic comedian!

Faking friendship with the husband to get into the wife`s bedroom!

Enough, monsieur de Monsoreau, enough.

I have no use for meaningless conversation.

-We both are men of honour, and we can... -You?!

You, Bussy, are as much of a man of honour - as this madame here is a woman of virtue!

And such strong words too.

Even too strong.

-At your service! -Go ahead...

...my brave fellows!

Aha, I see...

I see you prefer a murder to an honest duel.

Yes, you will fight my people one by one, as you deserve no better!

You will die here like the poacher you are!

Tallyho, my boys, get him!

Diana, please, close your door!

A rather fearful pack of dogs, Chief Huntsman!

Go ahead!

Damn it! Must have been a good dog!

Move!

And for you, pup, once was not enough, yes?

Is this all of your pack?

Why are you just standing there? Attack!

I am all aflutter with fear!

Go on!

-Who is next? -Kill...

-Kill that boar at last! -A boar?

Quite fitting, monsieur!

I was called a boar once before, Chief Huntsman!

I suspect it was for a reason!

You will see that boar eviscerate his hunters now!

So... it seems that your good greyhounds turned tail... monsieur de Monsoreau!

Go! We will see, monsieur de Bussy!

Ah... Is that you, Little Demon? I recognized you!

Yes, monsieur.

Let us see who will win today!

Move!

Little Demon... This time as well, I won!

You are far too hasty, monsieur...

You! Scum!

Go to hell then, meet your namesakes!

Why are you all frozen here? Go!

-Shoot at him! Shoot! -Louis!

Behind you!

You missed, you idiot!

This is for shooting in the back!

Come here, all of you!

Enough, finish him off!

So they have already started!

Well then...

Let us try to break through!

Why break through? I know of a secret door...

My former lover showed it to me.

Follow me, monsieur de St. Luc!

-A try at last, monsieur de Monsoreau? -No!

It is not yet time!

Damn it!

This does look serious!

Get him!

It is here!

Here is the door!

Get back!

Hey you! Still alive?

Monsieur de St. Luc!

Be careful!

Bravo, monsieur de St. Luc!

Do you hear me? Do you?

Yes, I heard you!

Monsieur de St. Luc!

Follow me!

Follow me!

Monsieur de Bussy! Open, it is I, Remy!

Open!

-Kill that dog! -Louis!

Translated by Grafinyademonsoro on Tumblr

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét